IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNING ABOUT GRUNDFOS UNILIFT APB 3-PHASE DRAINAGE PUMPS AND MULTILIFT MSS 3-PHASE LIFTING STATIONS
This is to inform you of a safety warning and to ask for your immediate assistance.
Grundfos has issued a safety warning about our UNILIFT APB 3-phase pumps produced from week 49, 2016 to week 37, 2017, and the MULTILIFT MSS 3-phase lifting stations produced from week 27, 2012 to week 37, 2017.
Based on our own investigations, we have come to the conclusion that under a number of certain conditions, affected products may pose a risk of electric shock.
It is only products produced within the mentioned periods that pose a risk, since the design in other models is different. Please find attached instructions on how to identify affected products.
Since these products have been sold and installed by you in the past, we hereby ask you kindly for your help and assistance in making sure that all affected products will be identified, replaced and/or repaired as soon as possible.
Grundfos strongly urges you as an installer to:
- Check where you may have installed affected products – see identification guide attached- Immediately contact all relevant customers. Feel free to use the attached customer letter forinforming them.
- Verify the exact location of affected products by confirming the serial number.
- Submit the confirmed customer contact and location information to Grundfos Service – the easiest and preferred way to do this is via the recall tool, though you may also contact us by phone on 01525 850000.
- Inform your customers to stop using pumps in mobile applications in case they are from theaffected period.
- Stop installing these products if you have them in stock.
Continued use of the products with no earth leakage circuit breaker (ELCB) installed in the electrical power supply should be avoided, when there is a risk for touching the product. Refrain from use, and power off the products, if you are unsure of whether an ELCB installed is installed.
For the repair and replacement process, please see the detailed instructions.
1: Grundfos will call back, replace or repair all UNILIFT APB 3-phase pumps produced from week 49, 2016 to week 37, 2017. This is free of charge for the end user, and Grundfos will cover the costs in relation to this product replacement.
For MULTILIFT MSS 3-phase lifting stations produced from week 27, 2012 to week 35, 2017, Grundfos will repair or replace the motor. Grundfos will cover the costs in relation to this replacement.
2: Grundfos is informing relevant authorities, distributors, installers and end users that the products from the specified
period may pose a risk of giving an electric shock under certain circumstances.
3: Grundfos is also announcing the safety warning on the relevant Grundfos websites and other communication channels, and offers further assistance and information.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but safety, responsibility and reliability is our first priority.
Please note that due to the safety risk and the urgency, we request that you will take all the necessary actions to handle this issue as expediently as possible.